Needy?

For a moment, think about how desperately someone you know seems to need you.

How does that feel? Flattering? Scary? Like you are being set up to fail? Are you even up to the task of being all they NEED you to be?

Do you like that feeling?

What emotions does it evoke when someone says to you "I need you so much."?

Does that stress you out?

This blows my mind to think about but bear with me as I try to write the words.

God. Almighty. Complete. The unique being Who created us in His image.

God. Infinite. Without need.

I love seeing young people
helping our elderly.
Planting seeds for their future!
Yet, somehow He needs you. He needs me. It's a need He started because He has chosen to love on His creation through you. Through me.

Now does that stress you out? It shouldn't.

Think for a second. Why would God who created you and knows everything about you - how you were made. WHY you were made. Purposes He created you particularly to fulfill - to complete. Why would God need you in an area where you could fail?

Instead, be amazed. Be amazed that God designed you to meet those needs. He has entrusted His creation into your hands. He has trusted you - me - to love others to care for others to help others because He designed us that way.

When I stop and think about how much God believes in me I am amazed.

The invisible God Who desires to remain that way to build our faith has chosen to be made visible via human hands and feet. Through those who believe in Him and need Him, He blesses the world.

Amazing!

Afterthought:

So, who is it you need?

Why not give them a break? Gift them with no longer "needing" them. Transfer your need to God Who promises to provide all you need.

Philippians 4:9 - But my God shall supply all your need, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just like Abram?

Pain vs Joy: Which is most intense?

The Moon and Me