Just like Abram?

Am I being melodramatic?

You be the judge.

After 22 years I told my company I was no longer going to work for them.

Slim Pickens in
"Dr. Strangelove or
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and
Love the Bomb"
I felt like Slim Pickens in "Dr. Strangelove" riding the nuclear bomb.

The fallout is just now starting to take hold and I've shaken some of my co-workers lives to the very core, I fear.

Well, it had to happen.

Scott sent me a link to a story that featured Muhammad Ali's wife and the dedication and devotion she has for him. I guess Scott sees me as lovingly devoted to him as she is.  (Those are tall shoes to fill, Scott, but by God's grace ...) It was quite a story!

That story caused me to reflect on how poorly I'm taking care of myself.

How could I possibly face down Parkinson's Disease if I don't take time to care for myself? How can I support us with proper nutrition if I haven't the time to even grocery shop - much less cook a meal.

Something needed to give and I believe God used that article to give me the courage and boldness to leave AAPG.

Since that decision He has affirmed that decision and I feel a lot like Abram when God said "Go" and Abram said, "where to?"

God's response was "Go." So Abram did. (Genesis 12)

Repeat

I've done this once before. 

I'd played organ for FBC-BA for close to 10 years when God did the sent me away. Scott and I left there and for a little over a year we had no church home.

Then He parked us at Aspen Park.

No regrets. No looking back.

So, it will be interesting to see where He is leading me. However, I do not believe I am running away from difficulty, even though my job was quite challenging. To some it could appear I am running away.

No.

I'm running toward a healthier future. One full of amazing experiences yet to come.

Thank you, Scotty, for the article and inspiration. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pain vs Joy: Which is most intense?

The Moon and Me