Melody and Harmony

In my last post, I mentioned the writing of Christmas Redemption and its presentation Dec. 10 and 11 at Aspen Park Baptist Church in Broken Arrow, OK.

After we'd completed most of the writing, I was honored to lead a Bible study with the women of our church. The name is Fight Like a Girl and was created by Lisa Bevere.

In this study, Lisa reminds women about the amazing creation we are. She points out how important we are to God because He needed a solution to Adam's loneliness when He created Eve.

She had a voice that was hidden inside Adam. God drew that voice out of Adam's side and made it so it could be heard together with Adam's.

Teaching about the partnership and cooperation created in the garden of Eden was pretty cool. But even more amazing was living it out.

In 1975 God brought my husband and me together and we married two-and-a-half years later.

As I stated in my previous post, my husband is a melody man. He also loves words. He has written music since he was a teenager. The melodies he creates are really good. And I say that as a musician with years of theory and practice behind me.

His melodies meet the technical criteria for interest. But then you add in the natural talent God created in him and you get some beautiful tunes.

Now, I went to college and actually declared music as my major. So God trained me in harmony. Theory. Composition.

Then over the past 35+ years He began to shape my life. He humbled me. He taught me how to love. He taught me how to get out of His way and allow Him to touch people through the music that flowed from my hands. Then He kept walking me up my life's path higher and higher.

So, back to the Bible study, God has used my life with my husband to illustrate the helpmate role of woman for man.

For me creating Christmas Redemption was thrilling walk with God. It's the culmination of my life that He has shaped to bring me to "such a time as this" (see Esther, chapter 4)

I know one of the reasons God created me was to be my husband's helpmate to create the music people heard that Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 10 and 11, 2016.

Being able to see this was a privilege I hope to pass on to others around me.

We each were designed by a Creator Who desires for us to discover why He made us as we are.
  • Why He placed us in the family He did. 
  • Why He gifted us with our own mix of abilities. 
  • Why He brought circumstances into our lives to mold us. Teach us.
I encourage anyone who reads this post to persevere in discovering why The Creator designed you as He did. He promises to show you if you keep on asking, keep on seeking and keep on knocking. (Luke 11)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just like Abram?

Pain vs Joy: Which is most intense?

The Moon and Me