Need some assurance?

My niece posted this great image to Facebook.

My bigs are still sleeping
but this little tornado of trouble
has already been up
for an hour hammering,
measuring, drawing, and
figuring out life.
As I read the comments one person said "Isn't it fun watching them work / play by themselves."

It reminded me of Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Reflection


I remember times I was able to quietly watch my children at play or work or even at rest. The joy it gave me to be in their presence without their unawareness is a little hard to describe.

Then I consider "The Lord your God in your midst ..." not IS in your midst. But already there, in your midst and we are going through our day "figuring out life".

To think. As I fumble, rumble and grumble through my life, my Lord, my God, my Creator. In my presence. Is rejoicing over me with gladness. He is quieting me with His love. He is Singing over me!

Maybe that's what I did with my own little ones. (Is that the word that escaped me earlier?) My heart would Sing as I watched them play and struggle and succeed.

Reminder


Whether you believe it or not, there is a Creator, a Savior. God. Who is in our midst watching over each of us with a love more pure than a parent's.

He won't interfere because He gave us the freedom to live our lives by our choices. He patiently watches us struggle because He knows the good that comes out of those struggles. 

Consider, too, we were created in His image. So built into us is the ability to make excellent choices.  Wise choices. Best choices. But there are so many influences. How to figure life out?

He did give us a Book. He also gave us friends who know Him better than we do. And, even though He is holy, great and mighty, He provided for us the means to come to Him directly.

So, if we ask Him, He will advise, counsel and guide every undertaking. If we ignore Him, He continues to keep an eye on us. Working to get our attention. Giving us options. Lovingly bringing pressure or people or circumstances into our lives to guide us into His outstretched arms that ache to hug and hold us.

So as you hammer, measure, draw and figure out life. Remember in your own "tornado of trouble" our Father, Who created us in His image, watches over us as we figure it out.

Comforting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just like Abram?

Pain vs Joy: Which is most intense?

The Moon and Me